By Roy Lagarde
February 12, 2018
Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle will lead the march in Manila next week to protest the continued killings in the country.
In what could be the largest pro-life event so far this year, the “Walk for Life” will be held simultaneously in other dioceses on Feb. 24.
In a press briefing on Monday, Manila Auxiliary Bishop Broderick Pabillo said the walk is for the life of every person who has been a victim of “this culture of death”.
“As Christians, we stand together because we have the responsibility to care for our fellow human beings and to ensure that common good and justice must prevail,” he said.
Organized by the Council of the Laity in the Philippines, the walk is not only to condemn “the wrong that us being done” but also to pray for the conversion of those behind it, said the prelate.
“We walk to uphold truth and righteousness and to proclaim that upholding the primacy of human life is a choice we must all make,” said Pabillo, who chairs the bishops’ Commission on the Laity.
The bishop said the Church will not be silenced until all unexplained killings of drug suspects stop completely and perpetrators are brought to justice.
“Cases of extrajudicial killings have gone down but are nevertheless still happening. There is still the war on drugs. And many get killed in the war on drugs,” he added.
Tagle is also set to preside over the Mass during the event that will be held at the Quirino Grandstand.
Read more on http://cbcpnews.net